Dear Woolls Families,
It is with great pride and excitement that I write this letter of introduction to you as the newly appointed Principal of Woolls Intermediate School. As a Hondo High graduate, I feel very fortunate to return to such a wonderful learning community. It is a fulfilling experience to work with such amazing students and an outstanding staff.
At Woolls Intermediate, we strive to maintain a safe environment, challenge and nurture our students, and have some fun in the process! We encourage families to find a little time each day to work together on schoolwork and for parents to stay involved in their child's education. We also invite you to share any comments, concerns, suggestions for improvement and celebrations as we strive to continue our successful ways.
Woolls Intermediate recognizes parents as partners in providing all children with a quality education. Woolls Intermediate respects the unique knowledge and experience of parents knowing that they are the first and most important teachers in their children's lives.
To ensure that parents are actively involved in their children's education, it is the policy of Woolls Intermediate:
- To create a comfortable and welcoming atmosphere for parents.
- To convene an annual meeting to acquaint parents with the campus, their children's teachers, instruction and programs including Title One programs
- To provide multiple methods to communicate important information to parents to keep them informed of programs, curriculum, and academic assessments used to measure student progress and the state's academic content and achievement standards. All information oral or written related to school parent programs will be provided in a format and language that the parents can understand.
- To provide parents with opportunities to volunteer at Woolls Intermediate following the volunteer guidelines which include a criminal history check for all volunteers.
- To ensure that parenting training and activities focus on enabling the parents to assist their children in achieving success.
- To provide opportunities for parents to be involved at various levels in planning and decision making and also provide timely and repeated opportunities for parents to provide feedback to the school.
- To serve as a referral resource for parents to enable them to locate the services they need for a safe and healthy family.